15% discount for multiple sales (siblings and friend joint bookings). This is also applicable for booking onto multiple courses. If you have any issues, please ask.
Location: BHASVIC, 205 Dyke Rd, Hove BN3 6EG
Times: 10.00am – 4.00 pm
Ages: 15-16 (year 10 students may also attend, although the class is specifically aimed at year 11s)
Dates: Monday April 8th – April 12th.
Our tutors are highly experienced, qualified teachers. Highly empathetic and motivating, they have expert knowledge of the necessary subject matter.
The Course is tailored to fit the needs of the students on that course, however, the course is highly structured, ensuring students use the available time as effectively as possible.
Science is an enormous subject, even for a three day revision camp. We aim to make the camp as accessible as possible. Here are some of the areas covered.
- Atomic structure (inc. isotopes, radioactivity, nuclear fusion)
- Energy (inc. kinetic energy, energy transfer, conservation)
- Particle model (inc. thermal energy, latent heat, pressure of gas)
- Electricity and circuits (inc. currents, potential difference, fields, static)
- Magnetism (inc. electromagnetic induction, fields, motors)
- Motion and forces (inc. gravity, elasticity, momentum)
- Waves (inc. sound, vibration, ultrasound)
- Light and electromagnetic spectrum (inc. reflection, refraction, lenses)
- Astronomy (inc. solar system, stars, satellites, red-shift)
- Atomic structure and the periodic table
- Chemical bonding (inc. ionic, covalent)
- Quantitative chemistry (inc. mass, concentration)
- Chemical reactions and change (inc.salts, acids, catalysts, exothermic)
- Organic chemistry (inc. hydrocarbons, alkanes, polymers)
- Chemical analysis (inc. chromatography, spectroscopy)
- Extraction of metals (inc. redox, oxidation, equilibrium)
- Earth science (inc. fuel cells, atmospheric science, climate change)
- Earth’s resources and sustainability (inc. recycling, Haber process)
- Cell structure and cell division (inc. DNA, enzymes, osmosis, meiosis, mitosis)
- Human transport systems (inc. respiratory system, circulatory system)
- Metabolism (inc. digestion, carbohydrates, proteins, fats)
- Human nervous system (inc. nerves, the brain, the eye)
- Human control systems (inc. endocrine system, hormones, homeostasis)
- Communicable disease and the immune system
- Plant structures and function (inc. photosynthesis, disease)
- Genetics, inheritance and reproduction
- Ecosystems and biodiversity
- Global challenges (inc. pollution, food production, genetic engineering)