15% discount for multiple sales (siblings and friend joint bookings) – To do this add two or more tickets to cart and then pay using checkout.
Location: BHASVIC, 205 Dyke Rd, Hove BN3 6EG
Times: 10.00am – 3.00 pm
Ages: 15-16 (year 10 students may also attend, although the class is specifically aimed at year 11s)
Dates: Monday April 15th – April 17th.
Our tutors are highly experienced, qualified teachers. Highly empathetic and motivating, they have expert knowledge of the necessary subject matter.
The course will focus on the topics that you want to revise and those that commonly cause students difficulty, from the following topic areas:
- Number: Multiples, Factors, Prime numbers, Fractions, Decimals, Percentages, Rounding numbers, Estimating, Surds.
- Algebra: Algebra basics, Powers and Roots, Multiplying out brackets, Factorising, Solving equations, Rearranging formulas, Factorising quadratics, Completing the square, Algebraic fractions, Sequences, Inequalities, Graphic inequalities, Iterative methods, Simultaneous equations, Proof, Functions.
- Graphs: Straight lines, Gradients, Intercepts, Coordinates and ratio, Parallel and perpendicular lines, Quadratic graphs, Solving equations using graphs, Graph transformations, Real-life graphs.
- Ratio proportion & rates of change: Ratios, Direct and inverse proportion, Percentages, Compound growth and decay, Unit conversions, Speed, Density, Pressure.
- Geometry & measures: Angles, Parallel lines, Polygons, Triangles and quadrilaterals, Circle geometry, Congruent shapes, The four transformations, Area and perimeter, 3D shapes, Enlargements and projections, Loci and construction, Bearings, Measures, Pythagoras’ theorem, Trigonometry, The Sine and Cosine rules, Vectors.
- Statistics & probability: Probability basics, Counting outcomes, Probability experiments, The AND/OR rules, Tree diagrams, Conditional probability, Sets and Venn diagrams, Sampling and bias, Mean, Median, Mode, Range, Frequency tables, Box plots, Histograms, Time series, Scatter graphs, Comparing data sets.
All our tutors are experienced and qualified teachers and most are examiners which means they have an excellent insight into what the exams actually ask of students. Chosen for their enthusiasm and empathy, they also have an in-depth knowledge of the entire subject area.
Not only will our tutors review fundamental subject areas and focus on topics that cause the most problems, but they’ll also give students exam technique tips and tricks. Course activities can include:
- Past papers: students may work through previous GCSE Maths and iGCSE Maths papers, both independently and as part of the revision group.
- Descriptive sessions: students study Maths resources and then discuss and describe topics in full.
- Teacher’s notes: if students require grounding in fundamental areas of GCSE and iGCSE Maths, the tutor may present a subject in full.
- Full teaching: this mix of stimulating group discussion and teaching is an excellent way to consolidate and expand knowledge.